Working out at home has definitely become our new “normal” and with it, many options to choose from.
Online workouts, apps, celebrity trainers, group training, oodles of You Tube videos – strength training, yoga, Pilates the list goes on!!
So how do you workout at home and remove all the confusion/barriers and still get the best result possible for you?
My top 5 tips to help get you started!
- Set up an area that you can call your “workout zone” – having a clear space that is dedicated to training will help you shift your mindset so that when it is time you can just flick on a light and get into it – you want to make it easy to start!
- Schedule the time you are going to train at home – are you a morning person? Do you have to do it after work? Place it in your diary and make it a non-negotiable time that does not get moved! You are allowed “you” time! So, make it happen!!
- Get straight into your workout gear – as soon as you wake up or walk in the door, put your gear on. You are much more likely to go into your workout zone if you have you gear already on!
- Don’t let not having any equipment stop you – there are a ton of workouts you can do just with the things from around your house!!!! I LOVE body weight exercises and using simple “equipment” can make for an awesome workout – a towel can become a great thing for creating resistance (check out the workout below), or a book for standing on to create a dynamic new lunge angle, or even you favourite big saucepan or kids stool can be great for step ups! Toilet paper can also make for a fun workout!!!!!! Check it out here!
- Find a training solution that suits how you like to train! If you enjoy it, you are likely to keep going and therefore you will start to see results! Find someone on You Tube you enjoy, get a program form your favourite trainer that is personalised to you to do at home, join an online group! When you are ready to make a start, just start – “you don’t have to be great to start, you just have to start to be great!” – Zig Ziglar
- BONUS TIP – Blast your favourite music playlist and let it pump you up with some good vibes – you will smash out that workout!
Want to get started on your own at home?
Try this awesome workout with alternative modifications too and let me know how you get on
Need a circuit timer? My favourite to use is Gymboss.