We need to STOP thinking that we have and need to have the same body we did in our 20’s & 30’s!
It’s time to accept changes and be empowered by them!
Media and other sources still suggest that menopause is a “bad” thing!!
That it is all over and that you just need to accept the changes, the increase in body fat especially around the belly, the mood swings, the hot flushes, the lack of motivation, maybe anxiety, mood swings, the soreness, the brain fog – the list goes on!
Well ladies – your life is NOT over and you absolutely do not need to give up on living it your way and feeling absolutely awesome as you do it!!!
But what we do need to do is women is recognise that it is changing and embrace this change with a positive mindset and acceptance!
Your body will not look or feel the way it did in your 20’s and 30’s.
It may not react to the training you are doing the way it use to!
- It may need more rest days and time to recover between workouts!
- It may need to be fueled differently!
- It WILL require SLEEP!
- It WILL need you to acknowledge any stress you have and find a way to deal with it!
It WILL and CAN be STRONG!
Stop treating your body as if it has failed you now that you can’t do what you use to, or train as hard or because it doesn’t “look” the way it use too!
Instead look forward to the next step of your life and the fact that your body is evolving and embrace the new opportunities that are coming your way!
Be excited about the fact that you get to move, you get to lift weights, you get to be strong, you get to be fit – just because it might look a bit different from the past does not mean you have failed or that you have to stop!
What it does enable you to do is choose – you get to choose to be a strong, fit, healthy women as you transition through your menopausal years – embrace this ladies and live your life your way in a body that serves you right now!
Think about what you want for yourself in the next 10 years!
- Do you want to be able to be fit, strong and healthy so you can play with your kids/grand-kids?
- Do you want to be able to travel and experience NZ (& the world eventually), and explore without any hesitations!
- Do you want to be the women that can do anything?
What is important to you?